As a UX Director, you’ll work closely with your fellow core team members to define a game’s core player experience and provide strategic guidance on design throughout production and post-launch.
To deliver the best end-to-end player experience possible, you’ll collaborate with development teams and concentrate on three main aspects:
• Advocating for UX: You’ll establish user-centric principles and ensure their implementation.
• Ensuring optimal usability: You’ll remove unwanted friction across the player journey, with a focus on onboarding, tutorials, game flow, player comfort, signs & feedback, 3Cs, progression, UI, ergonomic principles, affordance, accessibility, etc.
• Boosting engage-ability: You’ll enhance player motivation and engagement by leveraging personas, cognitive and social psychology, self-determination theory etc.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
ANALYSIS & RESEARCH
• Anticipate player needs and goals by defining personas with the core team;
• Contribute to writing creative briefs based on player goals and personas to ensure user-centricity;
• Partner with the user research team to oversee a user tests strategic plan from conception to live game operations, based on team priorities, design pillars, and UX objectives.
• Provide development teams with feedback on the quality of user experience through expert reviews and prototyping.
• Set the overall player journey goals aligned with creative briefs and define associated KPIs. Document, communicate and follow these KPIs;
• Help integrate UX practices into Production workflow to support user-centricity and usability;
• Promote and adopt a data-informed decision-making process by harnessing player data;
• Define and ensure compliance with accessibility requirements related to legal, editorial, and project guidelines.
• Promote user-centricity among the core team in their decision-making processes and focus, positively influencing content
quality and user experience;
• Be a spokesperson for UX-related topics and a reference for user-centric principles, ensuring they’re communicated to and
understood by team members at every level.
• Ensure the proper execution of the targeted user experience by reviewing design documentation and the game build at each
stage of the game development process;
• Define the user’s onboarding strategy and coordinate teams’ related work;
• Own core player experience elements, like gameplay features (world maps, controls remapping, etc.), signs & feedback;
• Oversee the design layout, and flow of all in-game user interface elements, including HUD, menus, and lobbies.
• Advise and mentor team members, set realistic goals, and seek out learning opportunities;
WHAT YOU BRING
• You studied Design (Industrial, Graphic, Interaction or Game Design for instance), human computer interactions, cognitive psychology or social sciences;
• You developed digital products such as video games (HD or mobile), apps, web;
• You come from the web, media, entertainment, e-commerce or industrial companies;
• You have a strong ability to think holistically;
• Your analytical skills and ability to combine various sources of data allow you to make data-informed design decisions;
• You are able to build and drive a vision through appropriate measures and KPIs;
• You have the ability to seek opportunities to improve processes that allow for workflow optimization and show the value of
• You can navigate complex situations and tasks with a problem-solving approach;
• You show excellent visual, verbal and written communication skills;
• You are able to deal with diverse stakeholders driven by various priorities and interests;
• You are able to make complex or technical information readily intelligible and widely known;