Lead Multiplayer Programmer
Permanent / Full Time
Programming and Development
28-11-2023 09:47 AM
What you will do:
- You will get to extend the technology of the client's in-house engine with multiplayer capabilities. That means helping design and implement the network/multiplayer software stack for the engine, and for any in-house games that need to support multiplayer.
- You will collaborate with the AI and gameplay teams to define and implement network-aware features, workflows and setups.
- You will get to share responsibility with the online team to create, run and monitor their game servers and back-end infrastructure.
- In short, the team you will be part of will be responsible for the development of the network layer.
Who you are:
- You are an engine, software or multiplayer/network programmer who helped ship at least one AAA multiplayer game. What they are working on is next-level. That’s why the AAA experience is key here.
- You have a strong knowledge of C/C++
- You are well-versed in anything multiplayer-related tech: firewall traversal, data compression and encryption, distributed algorithms, mesh topologies, objects replication, prediction models, latency compensation and anti-cheating.
- We expect you to be experienced in navigating and integrating new technologies into large existing codebases.