Tech Director/Tech Lead - Various Locations - Onsite/Hybrid
The Ads area
Focuses on creating relevant and unique Ads features for our players while developing and implementing the technology and operational architecture for a scalable tech. As Tech Lead for the area you will have a key role in crafting the technology choices and architecture in the Ads Team as well as coaching the development team in best practices. The Tech Lead role does not include people management.
Some ways in which you will contribute to creating amazing experiences for our players, and essential tools used internally to enable this includes:
- Inform and guide production plans from a technical perspective within the area e.g. by identifying technical risks and opportunities
- Guide architecture in area initiatives and facilitate technical collaborations
- Understand critical systems and how they can be used in the area
- Facilitate collaborations with other areas and units
- Be ready to jump in and support high priority team projects and critical incidents
- Drive technical side projects or investigations to help the area
- Understand, communicate and contribute to tech architecture from the area perspective
- Promote production of high- quality, scalable and maintainable software
- Keep up- to date with, and promote, development best- practices
- Help make the Ads area and project an attractive place to work for developers
- Stay an active contributor to the code base
- You have a strong passion for gameplay features and tools that ultimately serve millions of users every day!
- You are a great communicator and are happy to work with people from various business units and crafts.
- You can translate business needs into technical requirements.
- You are excited about the opportunity to participate and craft how business critical tools and game elements are developed, used and maintained.
- Strong communication skills - you can adapt your message based on audience and are confident in both written and verbal communication
- Strong influencing skills - you can educate and influence stakeholders about various topics including the need for technology investments (for instance technical debt reduction)
- An understanding of scale, architecture and long- term maintenance aspects
- Pragmatism when faced with short- term vs long- term challenges
- Capable of moving between different parts of the tech stack including the engine, client, web and backend
- Have a broad technical knowledge and experience about C++, Backend APIs. Experience with Ads
- SDK will be a bonus skill.