Game Director (AAA)
You will report to the Executive Producer and be part of the core team. Creatively you will lead the Director Group and define the overall vision for the game, negotiating the project's creativity and scope with production, publishers, and other stakeholders. You will also be collaborating across disciplines with discipline leads, producers and the product owner.
We are looking for someone to define the overall vision for a video game development project, negotiating the project's creativity and scope with production, publishers, and other stakeholders.
• Leading conception, pre-production and production, in order to fulfil the game vision.
• Acting as the creative authority responsible for the overall quality of the shipped product.
• Aligning game development tasks with project vision and quality including game design and user experience design; narrative design and cinematographic components; visual style and artistic value; animation; audio and special effects.
• Participation in decisions related to the technical infrastructure powering the game and with decisions related to production and staffing.
• Coordinating game development with tasks and ideas of other directors and leads. Liaising with the game publishers on game vision and design decisions.
• Promotion of game projects to targeted or general public as required by PR strategy.
• Coordination of intercontinental creative development across company studios.
• Serving as a member of different Project Boards across the company, either as a consultant or as a direct stakeholder.
• Responsible for identifying synergies across the different company projects.
Solid and proven background in Communications, Multimedia Design, or related field, plus a minimum of 10 years of console video game design experience as Lead Game Designer or Director. Experience, which may be gained concurrently, must include:
• Must have performed game design for at least 2 shipped video game titles with at least one being a AAA title on both Xbox One and PS4 consoles.
• Experience with the full video game production process from conception to release.Must possess excellent problem-solving skills.
• Possess strong convictions in decision making, able to not only make a decision, but stand by it, and help a team believe in the said decision and be excited about it.
• Ability to understand, convey and realize game experiences in different game editors.
• Experience leading creative teams.Extensive knowledge of both technology and content of video game competitive landscape.
• Ability to create and convey the overall vision of the game from beginning to end
• Must have strong communication and presentation skills and be comfortable with public speaking.
• Experience working directly with game publishers to define game vision and features.
• Must have experience promoting video games in collaboration with public relations and marketing teams.