Remote - Technical Director - PC Multiplayer
Our client is currently looking for a Technical Director to elevate the current PC multiplayer builder/farm-like project and team to the next level as they continue on their successful journey.
Role will be fully remote ideally only in Europe via B2B or EOR.
We're looking for someone with the following:
• Ability to operate at high and low levels
• Capable of hands-on work as well as leader and mentor to their team.
• A solid understanding of Unity, technical architecture and infrastructure.
• Understanding of all game engine systems needed for an open-world game.
• Solid knowledge of blockchain technology.
• A deep desire to build up an innovative, first-of-its-kind blockchain game.
• Collaborating with the other discipline directors to provide a clear vision for the game and help to communicate that vision to the team.
• Providing pragmatic technical solutions to support the features of the game.
• Giving technical advice to help with project planning.
• Coordinating with QA, Engineers (Unity, Server and Blockchain), Design and other relevant stakeholders to define the best coding processes that balance rapid iteration with stability.
• Championing excellence in programming practices, establishing code-reviewing protocols and helping architecting the most complex systems.
• Working closely with the programming leads across the studio to ensure high-quality code that meets the game's requirements.
• Managing and developing a team of skilled programmers and programming leads.
• Fostering a culture that balances productivity, innovation, learning, and healthy communication.
Skills and requirements:
• Deep game development, spanning both the technical and creative areas of
• Communicate clearly with and get the best out of groups and individuals. You can rapidly understand requirements and issues in order to specify solutions accurately.
• Excellent programming skills, but with a director-level perspective.
• Experience in the production and launch of at least 2 videogames
• Experience shipping games on console or PC would be desirable but not a must
• Ability to work in a highly collaborative, interdisciplinary, iterative environment.
• Ability to lead and delegate as required.
• Bonus: knowledge and experience or interest in Blockchain technology.