Calling all highly experienced Effects Artists who are looking for their next challenge! The game studio that brought you the critically acclaimed game is seeking a talented Effects Artist to join their passionate, close-knit team.
As their Effects Artist, you will be responsible for creating stunning and stylized visual effects that support specific gameplay needs and enhance the overall style of their new game. You will work closely with designers, artists, and programmers to ensure that all effects are cohesive, efficient, and contribute to the game's success.
To be successful in this role, you must have a deep understanding of the game development pipeline and be familiar with modern approaches and techniques for real-time effects. You should also be comfortable communicating and collaborating with your teammates through email, Slack, and occasional in-person meetings at their Denver office (Every 3-4 weeks, costs reimbursed).
In addition to your technical skills, they are looking for someone who is self-motivated, organized, and able to prioritize tasks effectively. You should be able to work independently while also being an excellent collaborator and contributor to team's design and implementation of gameplay effects.
If you have experience creating complex gameplay and ambient effects using the most current particle systems and shader techniques, as well as the ability to model and animate necessary elements in Maya or equivalent software, hit me up!
- The opportunity to work with a passionate, close-knit, small team that aims to produce the highest quality, most cohesive art possible.
- The ability to be an equal contributor in the design and implementation of gameplay effects.
- Ownership of most effects tasks in the game, providing a high level of autonomy and creative control.
- Regular communication and collaboration with teammates through Slack, email, and occasional in-person meetings at our Denver office.
- Flexibility to work mostly remote.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.