Lead Game Designer (Multiplayer)
Permanent / Full Time
27-11-2022 11:18 AM
What you will do:
- Lead a team of designers to realize the vision of the game and gameplay directors.
- Establish standards and bring new knowledge to the studio within 3Cs implementation (camera, controls, character) and combat.
- Collaborate with cross-discipline teams to implement multiplayer game systems and gameplay mechanics.
- Manage and mentor a team of game designers.
- Serve as a conduit between the game management team and design team, ensuring expectations are always clear.
- Use our proprietary tools to design, prototype and test gameplay mechanics while identifying opportunities for improvements.
- Operate effectively where you must balance hands-on implementation and high-level direction.
- Maintain and supervise game features and make sure that they are represented properly throughout the game.
- Developing rules for reward systems and game achievements.
- Deliver content within quality requirements, on schedule, and within technical limitations.
Who you are:
- Accomplished game designer with extensive experience and at least one published AAA title in a lead capacity, preferably for a AAA multiplayer title.
- Practical understanding and experience in the full development cycle of a AAA game, which means that you know what it takes to go from an initial concept to a full, fun, and functional game experience.
- You have thorough experience with 3Cs (character, camera, controls) and combat from your previous work on AAA titles.
- Able to manage an in-house team of game designers, experienced in giving and receiving direction.
- Able to develop plans and give clear direction to both internal and external team members.
- Possess a problem-solving attitude, able to look past immediate technical constraints.
- Able to respond elegantly to creative changes, at any part of the process, using an analytical and organized approach.
We would love it if you had
- Hands-on experience implementing different kinds of combat systems and player cameras.
- Relevant design education.
- Work showcases (E. g. in published games, on a personal website, or on YouTube).
Annual salary reviews