UI Artist - F2P PC Title
We are looking for an exceptionally skilled UI Artist to assist in the creation of the next big free-to-play title for PC platforms.
The candidate will have to be a hardworking self-motivated team player who is able to work closely with the Lead UI Artist, Art Director and Art Production Director to create and be responsible for large sections of the game.
They will need to possess excellent verbal and written skills and be able to both take critique and give feedback to external partners as well as fully participating in group discussions.
In this position you will be working within a multidisciplinary team of developers in a global community and will have the ability to both share your hard-earned knowledge and continue to develop your skill set by learning from your teammates.
We are looking for someone with a good sense of humour who can integrate themselves seamlessly into our team and studio culture
The Unreal UI Artist will report to the Lead UI Artist/Art Production Director
What will you do?
• Imagine and create graphically appealing and innovative UI designs
• Develop Unreal Prototypes and Blueprints to implement UI designs
• Work in close collaboration with the UX design and technical teams together with the Art Director
• Explore and experiment with a variety of graphical styles to connect with our audience
• Develop user friendly graphical systems that inform, guide and retain our users
• Assist the Art Production Director in planning within this discipline
• Strong experience in production art within the gaming industry
• At least 2 published games
• Proven experience working with the UE4
o Development of UI prototypes using Blueprints
o Knowledge of working with 2D and 3D assets
o Working knowledge of shaders, lighting and VFX
o Working knowledge of asset optimisation and rendering
• Experience in developing graphically innovative UI from inception through to in game implementation
o Strong graphic design skills: colour theory, composition, typography and layout
o Strong skills working with Illustrator, Photoshop and After Effects
o Good knowledge of motion graphics in Adobe After Effects or a 3D package
o Working knowledge of 3D applications 3DS Max or Maya
• Excellent verbal and written skills, and be able to both take critique and give feedback internally and externally in a professional manner
• Diligent self-management around both individual and team tasks, schedule and budgets
• Strong organizational skills with adherence to optimization and asset management
Bonus Skills Requried:
• Scripting (After Effects)
• Knowledge of 3ds Max
• BA in art or related field or equivalent experience
• Passion for making and playing great games, with an awareness of current titles and industry trends.