• Work closely with the other Directors/Leads to ensure we are reaching the Studio and Department needs and goals.
• Manage the Design team to ensure all designers are driven to lead the industry in excellence and craftsmanship.
• Create and put in place design philosophies to design game logic as well as new game ideation processes
• Work with other stakeholders on games to ensure the craft is reaching our goals and needs for excellence.
• Advise LiveOps team on A/B tests best practices related to design mechanics
• Collaborate with designers across the studio to craft cohesive experiences for players. Occasionally getting in the trenches to build levels of high quality and lead by example.
Who we think will do great in this role has:
• 10 years of experience and proven success working on mobile F2P games.
• Experience in both operating live games and developing new games from scratch is a plus
• Shipped 2+ games as Lead Design/Design Director or Lead Designer/Design Director for a commercially successfully released game
• Experience in people leadership - building, managing, and developing a team and its members
• Experience working closely with BI to understand the data and create a plan to improve KPIs.
• Strong spoken and written communication skills.
• Strong critical thinking, infectious creativity, adaptability when required, and the capacity to solve novel problems.
First meeting: You will meet the hiring manager. The aim is for us to know who you are, what your experience has been, and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn about the studio, the wider team, and the specifics of the role.
Second round: You will meet with the Studio Head. Their aim is to understand how you would fit with our culture and your ambitions.
Third round: You will meet with the other Craft leads. Their aim is to get a clear overview of your skills and where you can help us develop as well as we help you. Fourth round: You will meet with Lead Designers to dive deeper.