Senior - Lead Systems Designer
Permanent / Full Time
27-11-2022 11:32 AM
- Work with the Game Director to oversee all aspects of design, including core gameplay, levels, UX, and sound.
- Adapt design vision to the emergent needs of the Game Director, Publishing, and other product considerations.
- Manage a team of designers to execute on core design vision in all categories.
- Be a champion for the Design team – inspire, motivate, and mentor other designers in best practices, processes, and procedures pertaining to their disciplines
- Responsible for the overall feel, fun factor, and design cohesiveness of the product.
- Create digestible and organized design documents to convey design vision to all internal and external departments.
- Oversee the establishment of all design pipelines in UE4.
- Constructive and clear communication with all other departments (including Art, Engineering, and Production) in order to co-create design vision efficiently.
- 7+ years of design experience spanning multiple design disciplines, and at least 2 shipped titles (preferably with a Lead title)
- Intimate knowledge of player mentality and motivations throughout all stages of gameplay, from onboarding through elder game systems.
- Technical ability to prototype game mechanics with minimal engineering support
- Passion for multiplayer games and Games as a Service in all its forms, and encyclopedic knowledge of games across multiple genres and platforms
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, self-manage, self-motivate and adapt easily to change
- An excellent understanding of past and current game trends
Annual salary reviews
Private medical insurance