Technical Lead - Romania
We are looking for a technical lead to join an independent game studio of more than 60 talented individuals working together to accomplish new game experiences. We launched a Kickstarter because we believed in our vision of gaming, we put all our effort to build the best gameplay and visual experience with our first title has sold more than 1 million copies in just one month after being released, and we are just getting started!
As the Technical Lead, based in our new office in Bucharest, you will oversee the company’s technical team and all projects they undertake.
Your main responsibilities will be:
● Determining project requirements and developing work schedules for the team.
● Delegating tasks and achieving daily, weekly, and monthly goals.
● Liaising with team members, management, and other teams in the company to ensure projects are completed to standard.
● Acting as the technical specialist & mentor to lead the team to achieve performance and high quality goals.
● Identifying risks and forming contingency plans as soon as possible.
● Analyzing existing operations and scheduling training sessions and meetings to discuss improvements.
● Keeping up-to-date with industry trends and developments.
● Updating work schedules and performing troubleshooting as required.
● Motivating staff and creating a space where they can ask questions and voice their concerns.
● Implementing and supervising the technical documentation for the team
● Ensuring onboarding and training for the new joiners
● Participating in the recruitment of the team members
● Writing progress reports and delivering presentations to the relevant stakeholders.
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
● 3+ years of industry experience in a similar role
● Console development & porting experience
● Excellent technical, diagnostic, and troubleshooting skills.
● Strong leadership and organizational abilities
● Willingness to build strong relationships with staff across the board
● Excellent communication, motivational, and interpersonal skills.
How success will be measured
● On time delivery of commonly agreed milestones
● Team harmony through clear communication and leadership
● Frequent experiments with clear progress and reported insights/learnings
How we care for our team
● Salary review based on performance
● Getting to work from home alongside a team of passionate and like-minded individuals
● Other benefits will be added based on the success of the company and of the team itself