REMOTE - Senior Back-End Engineer
We are recruiting two (2) Senior/Lead Back End Developers to work on back-end systems including cloud-based servers, databases, and APIs for a company providing market data, theories and valuable metrics on Crypto currency.
Join a fast-paced startup pioneering novel metrics, data products, and insights surrounding the economics, markets, usage, health, and other aspects of public cryptocurrency blockchains like Bitcoin and Ethereum and other crypto networks. You will be surrounded by talented people passionate about decentralized economies and the data behind them. Break new ground, create exciting new data-driven research and products, and help shape future economies.
• Work to enhance the scalability, availability, and reliability of our back end systems including cloud-based servers, databases, and APIs
• Write integration and unit tests and participate in code reviews
• Design, document, and implement infrastructure and design plans with clear decision- making and rationale
• Coordinate and communicate with technical and non-technical peers
• Work with data scientists to develop and implement automated data testing processes or programs
• Work with Dev Ops to develop and align monitoring systems and processes to ensure uptime and availability of back end systems.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or relevant work experience
• Strong curiosity and passion for decentralized economies
• 7+ years of software development experience
• Experience with Unix-based operating systems (especially Linux)
• Advanced knowledge of at least one mainstream statically typed programming language (Java, C#, C++, Go etc.)
• Willingness to learn Kotlin
• Experience working with large relational databases (preferably PostgreSQL)
• Experience working on ETL pipelines
• Strong sense of ownership, entrepreneurial spirit, and/or startup-like experience, capable of driving towards solutions independently while seeking feedback when appropriate
• Required: strong attention to detail with capability to write tests.
• Advanced degree in Computer Science or a related field, or relevant work experience
• At least 2 years in a senior or lead development role
• Knowledge of Kotlin
• Experience working with distributed databases (e.g., Apache Hadoop ecosystem)
• Experience with Jira and agile methodologies (e.g., SCRUM)
• Experience with REST and WebSocket APIs
• Knowledge of blockchain and related networks and their data structures
• Experience with financial market data, market data feeds (e.g. FIX protocol) and related products and back end systems
Pipeline Developer - TV & Film Region: United Kingdom Location: Oxford Salary: DOE We are looking for an experienced Pipeline Developer (Unreal) to work brand new film and TV projects.
Senior Graphics Developer - Barcelona Region: Europe Location: Spain Salary: DOE We are looking for a senior graphics developer to join a central team specialising in pushing the graphical quality of games on mobile & PC platforms.
Game Director - AAA Console/PC Region: United Kingdom Location: Manchester Salary: DOE We are looking for a Game Director to lead a small but expanding project team working towards a globally recognised AAA console/pc title.
Development Director - Console/PC Region: United Kingdom Location: Manchester Salary: DOE We are looking for a Development Director to manage a small but expanding production team working towards a globally recognised AAA console/pc title.
AAA REMOTE JOB! - Principle VFX Artist Region: Remote Location: REMOTE Salary: NEG We are searching for a Senior VFX Artist to work towards a new PS4/Xbox1/PC title for an English speaking AAA studio. This is a full time remote worki...
REMOTE - Senior Tools Programmer Region: Remote Location: REMOTE Salary: DOE We are searching for a Senior Tools Programmer to work towards console/PC titles for a AAA studio. This is a full time remote working job!
Meet our team of recruiters...
Scott has 13 years recruitment experience and 8 years in the video game industry. Scott started in I.T Recruitment within the banking sector, before leveraging his experience to move into the video games industry in 2009 and has never looked back!
Sarah has worked in video game recruitment for 3 years and is an expert talent finder. Hard working, friendly, approachable and a real people person.
Laura has worked in recruitment for 7 years and is expert in her chosen field specialising with producers and game designers.
Toby is a dedicated account manger and recruiter, hunting talent across UK & Europe. Always on the look out for solid coders!