REMOTE - Senior Back-End Engineer
We are recruiting two (2) Senior/Lead Back End Developers to work on back-end systems including cloud-based servers, databases, and APIs for a company providing market data, theories and valuable metrics on Crypto currency.
Join a fast-paced startup pioneering novel metrics, data products, and insights surrounding the economics, markets, usage, health, and other aspects of public cryptocurrency blockchains like Bitcoin and Ethereum and other crypto networks. You will be surrounded by talented people passionate about decentralized economies and the data behind them. Break new ground, create exciting new data-driven research and products, and help shape future economies.
• Work to enhance the scalability, availability, and reliability of our back end systems including cloud-based servers, databases, and APIs
• Write integration and unit tests and participate in code reviews
• Design, document, and implement infrastructure and design plans with clear decision- making and rationale
• Coordinate and communicate with technical and non-technical peers
• Work with data scientists to develop and implement automated data testing processes or programs
• Work with Dev Ops to develop and align monitoring systems and processes to ensure uptime and availability of back end systems.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or relevant work experience
• Strong curiosity and passion for decentralized economies
• 7+ years of software development experience
• Experience with Unix-based operating systems (especially Linux)
• Advanced knowledge of at least one mainstream statically typed programming language (Java, C#, C++, Go etc.)
• Willingness to learn Kotlin
• Experience working with large relational databases (preferably PostgreSQL)
• Experience working on ETL pipelines
• Strong sense of ownership, entrepreneurial spirit, and/or startup-like experience, capable of driving towards solutions independently while seeking feedback when appropriate
• Required: strong attention to detail with capability to write tests.
• Advanced degree in Computer Science or a related field, or relevant work experience
• At least 2 years in a senior or lead development role
• Knowledge of Kotlin
• Experience working with distributed databases (e.g., Apache Hadoop ecosystem)
• Experience with Jira and agile methodologies (e.g., SCRUM)
• Experience with REST and WebSocket APIs
• Knowledge of blockchain and related networks and their data structures
• Experience with financial market data, market data feeds (e.g. FIX protocol) and related products and back end systems
Senior Generalist Programmer - Tokyo Region: Asia Location: Japan Salary: DOE Join a studio working on a large AAA multi-player survival fantasy RPG in pre-production being built on UE4 in Tokyo!
Senior Gameplay Programmer - Tokyo Region: Asia Location: Japan Salary: DOE Join a studio working on a large AAA multi-player survival fantasy RPG in pre-production being built on UE4 in Tokyo!
Senior Game Designer - France Region: Europe Location: France Salary: DOE We are looking for a Senior Game Designer who will take in charge the design and drafting of a game under development.
Senior UX Designer - Stockholm Region: Europe Location: Sweden Salary: DOE We are looking for a talented Senior UX Designer to join our team in Stockholm working on successful titles on mobile and PC platforms.
Senior Technical Animator Region: United Kingdom Location: Yorkshire Salary: DOE This is a fantastic opportunity to influence, define and manage the character pipeline of a large, genre-defining AAA console title.
Meet our team of recruiters...
Scott has 15 years recruitment experience and over 10 years in games. Scott started in I.T Recruitment within the banking sector before leveraging his experience to move into the video games industry in 2009. Scott’s specialism is with Programmers!
Sarah has worked in video game recruitment for 4 years and is an expert talent finder. Hard working, friendly, approachable and a real people person.
Laura has worked in recruitment for 10 years and is expert in her chosen field specialising with producers, product managers and marketing professionals.
Toby is a dedicated account manger and recruiter, hunting international talent across the mobile games sector.
If you’re an animator who loves to create the characters and creatures that bring games to life, or you create cinematics and cut scenes that drive the story and emotions of players, then Lisa would love to hear from you.
Senior Recruitment Consultant