Senior Technical Animator
This is a fantastic opportunity to influence, define and manage the character pipeline of a large, genre-defining AAA console title.
As a Senior Technical Animator you need to have a wealth of experience and impressive track record backed up by a body of work demonstrating your highly creative approach. A strong ability to produce polished rigs, animation and character pipelines that are world class is essential. You will need to clearly demonstrate experience in setting up and managing character behaviour graphs and in working with code and design to achieve solid and engaging player experiences. Strong scripting skills and examples of problem solving are also essential. Experience using Unreal/Unity and Maya is an advantage.
• Develop, manage and maintain a class leading character pipeline.
• Work with code and design to achieve a solid and engaging player experience.
• Exhibit a strong understanding of the fundamental principles of animation as they apply to the animation design.
• Assist in Lead responsibilities such as mentoring, scheduling and R&D into new features.
• Contribute to the conceptualization of character behaviours and abilities.
• Provide detailed input during the character creation process, from concept to modelling to final rigging, identifying character performance and functionality requirements.
• Demonstrate an understanding of the pipelines and procedures within the project as a whole.
• Minimum 4 years of industry experience animating characters for console and/or PC games with a minimum of 1 published game.
• Evidence of previous games completed in a senior technical animation role.
• A strong demo reel that adequately reflects this experience.
• Solid knowledge of Maya and/or 3DstudioMax.
• Scripting vial mel, MaxScript or Python.
• Thorough understanding of animation fundamentals for human and non-human characters.
• Understanding of character creation process from concept, to modelling and final rigging.
• Demonstrable experience in creating animation of a high standard while maintaining visual and functional specifications for game mechanics.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Lead Animator - South France Region: Europe Location: Nice Salary: DOE Lead Animator wanted to work on an RPG action MMO PC title.
Tools Programmer - Remote AAA Region: Remote Location: REMOTE Salary: DOE We are looking for a Tools programmer to work remotely or onsite for one of the UK's most established AAA developers.
Senior Graphics Developer - London Region: United Kingdom Location: London Salary: DOE We are looking for a senior graphics developer to join a central team specialising in pushing the graphical quality of games on mobile & PC platforms.
Senior UX Designer - Stockholm Region: Europe Location: Sweden Salary: DOE We are looking for a talented Senior UX Designer to join our team in Stockholm working on successful titles on mobile and PC platforms.
REMOTE (continental Europe): Infrastructure Engineer Region: USA Location: REMOTE Salary: DOE Infrastructure Engineer to join a start up to manage and improve their cloud, database architecture and development operations.
Technical Artist - South France Region: Europe Location: France Salary: DOE We are looking for a AAA Technical Artist to join a top studio in France and to help bridge the gap between artists and engineers.
Meet our team of recruiters...
Scott has 15 years recruitment experience and over 10 years in games. Scott started in I.T Recruitment within the banking sector before leveraging his experience to move into the video games industry in 2009. Scott’s specialism is with Programmers!
Sarah has worked in video game recruitment for 4 years and is an expert talent finder. Hard working, friendly, approachable and a real people person.
Laura has worked in recruitment for 10 years and is expert in her chosen field specialising with producers, product managers and marketing professionals.
Toby is a dedicated account manger and recruiter, hunting international talent across the mobile games sector.
If you’re an animator who loves to create the characters and creatures that bring games to life, or you create cinematics and cut scenes that drive the story and emotions of players, then Lisa would love to hear from you.
Senior Recruitment Consultant